What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Finance Change team within Finance Operations as a Finance Solutions Support Specialist. Finance Operations provides essential services to support the rest of Finance Services, wider Finance and the business.
As a Finance Solutions Support Specialist you will work with the Finance Change Manager to represent Finance on any allocated projects. You will engage, consider, design, and build solutions that minimise any impact to Finance actuarial and accounting business processes and systems, and deliver an efficient, optimised operating model.
- Provide support for the Finance Change Manager
- Assist in providing the Finance Change Manager with appropriate information to represent Finance at the Steering Committee meetings
- Help facilitate the design and build of the necessary solutions for all appropriate projects as the Finance representative
- Liaise with key Finance stakeholders and capture all the actuarial and accounting Finance requirements for projects
- Bring together cross-function Finance SME / BAU team members, to ensure the impact of any change is quantified, and that appropriate solutions are developed and implemented with minimal impact on actuarial and accounting processes within Finance
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and enhance controls to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in Prudential UK’s operational risk
- Ensure Finance continues to support the business appropriately, taking into account all of the regulatory and operational requirements
You will have:
- A relevant qualification, such as an Accountancy qualification or significant practical experience
- A track record of successful delivery under time pressure and to tight deadlines
- An ability to think dynamically and react appropriately to changing demands, including an understanding of, and ability to work in, a fast moving project environment
- A positive approach, resilient to setbacks, and inclusive in your ways of working
- An ability to detach from detail, and provide a holistic perspective of any change, and its impact
- An ability to establish credibility within Finance, and with the wider business
- A keen focus on developing solutions to complex problems, including interpreting regulatory text, enhancing Finance processes and enhancing the data and process control environments.
- Some knowledge of the accounting regulations applying to ISA, GIA, and Retirement Account business
Recruiter Name: Simone Morris
Closing Date: 24/11/19
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'