Based in our UK headquarters in North Cardiff, your role as our Finance Shared Services Team Leader will be to proactively partner with the wider business and project teams ensuring efficiency in the finance, expenses and travel systems in addition to providing leadership to a small finance team.
In more detail, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a prompt and accurate delivery of service for your team in addition to taking measures to attract and retain our people, providing professional growth, development and performance management; ensuring engagement and motivation and actively communicating and encouraging adaptive change.
- Monitoring, controlling and support in the ongoing development of: the purchase order system, travel management system and staff expense system
- Ensuring costs are controlled correctly; partnering with the business and controlling to ensure accruals, prepayments and fixed assets are correctly accounted for
- Preparation of various month end reporting and accounts payable KPI reporting
- Supporting the local finance team during the month end close
- Engagement in finance led projects and initiatives
- Assist with audit preparation; month and year end closing processes
- Regular review of all accounts payable ledgers and investigation of any open items
- Releasing payments to dealers and vendors on a daily basis, ensuring all BACS payments are authorized in line with procedures
- Ensuring that all bank accounts are reconciled on a daily basis and that any reconciling items are dealt with by the relevant cash management team
What we’re looking for
As a natural and proven leader, you will be able to demonstrate confidence when speaking with internal stakeholders, your team and to the wider finance department with the ability to successfully implement efficiencies. You will be self-motivated with the desire to develop your team to achieve its best.
You will have proven experience of managing financial processes with knowledge of reconciliations and a basic understanding of financial statements. It’s important that you can demonstrate a good level of analytical skills with the ability to use Excel at a proficient level. Ideally you will have gained experience of using SAP, Concur and Egencia, but this is not essential.
What’s on offer for you?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (buy/sell available)
- Private medical healthcare
- X4 life assurance
- Vauxhall Lease Scheme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Discount schemes
- On-site car park
- Modern open planned offices
- Free fruit & hot drinks
All offers are subject to a credit check pass.
To learn more about our organisation, please visit our Vauxhall Finance website - www.vauxhallfinance.com.
We are the automotive finance captive organisation of Opel and Vauxhall, supported by Groupe PSA and BNP Paribas as our strong partners and shareholders. Our team of around 1,200 employees across Europe are committed to meet the mobility needs of our customers, while sustaining and developing the Opel and Vauxhall brands through competitive and attractive automotive finance solutions.
Our Strategic Priorities focus on the development of our people, performance delivery, penetration, efficiency, customer loyalty and protection - maintaining strong risk management and compliance practices.
We promote a collaborative culture of people who actively contribute with integrity. We are agile, open minded and adaptive to deliver at pace, with customers at the heart of all we do.
We are small enough for an individual to make a mark; large enough to develop a challenging and rewarding career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'