Investigo are urgently seeking a Finance Shared Service Manager for a well known and growing business based in Bedfordshire. This is a 12 months fixed term contract which has become available due to an internal promotion.
This is a key strategic and tactical role supporting the Financial Controller. This role assumes significant responsibility you will be responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining a range of "best in class" accounting services for the business and owning the specific processes which support these services.
The role will incorporate delivering the global direction of equivalent accounting services as well as day to day operational management. This role has 4 direct reports in a team of 20 in total so strong managerial experience is essential.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Continually assess the transaction team's structures and ways of working to ensure no "high" or "Medium" risk
- Oversee the provision of all information requested by Internal / External audit.
- Provide management responses to all audit reports.
- Continually assess the relevancy of finance policies and controls in the context of changing business processes and new initiatives, and update accordingly.
- Liaise closely with the Financial Controller and Head of Financial Reporting ensuring consistency with all other policies.
- As the business lead for all Finance transactional teams, drive continued systems improvement to enhance accuracy and efficiency of all sub ledgers and cash processes. Ensuring at all times that existing system functionality is fully leveraged.
- Fully appraise opportunities that implement integrated solutions designed to support end to end processes. Not least procure to pay and sales to cash cycles.
- Continually assess technology options for adoption, including but not limited to: Supplier portal; scan and capture services; multi-enterprise network to enable electronic invoicing (EDI); e-requisitioning; approval workflow; automatic cash allocation; automatic statement reconciliation
- Principal for maintaining an excellent relationship with the Systems team.
- Responsible for approving all Change requests
- Responsible for the timely and accurate close of all sub ledgers at month end
- Review and authorisation of balance sheet reconciliations, including debtor, creditor, bad debt provision and cash in transit reviews.
- Approval of weekly BACS payment runs (up to £15m)
- Approval of foreign currency payment runs
- Approval of all vendor details and bank account changes
- Approval of vendor payment terms in accordance with the delegation of authority
- Approval of customer credit limits in accordance with the delegation of authority matrix.
- Approval of financial systems access and limits for sales to bank and procure to pay cycles.
- Purchase order & invoice approval i.e. supplier rebates; capital invoices etc
- Work at pace with direct reports to collaborate on relevant personal development plans that will maximise individual performance.
- Lead, direct and coach the team and individual's performance. Hold regular 1:1s and team meetings
- Supervise team resource & distribute tasks accordingly
Essential requirements below:
- Qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA or CIMA) with at least 5+ years post qualified experience
- Highly analytical with the ability to make informed decisions based on the data presented.
- Strong people manager with well-developed communication skills and evidence and evidence of building successful stakeholder relationships.
- Shared Services experience in transactional finance activities
- Experience of engaging teams and driving performance.
- Strong compliance background