Ecorys UK is a leading International management consultancy delivering innovative solutions in research and evaluation, communications and programme management services for a range of UK and European public and private sector organisations. We have passionate teams working on meaningful policies that have an impact on people’s lives around the world. We’re a socially responsible, employee-owned organisation that gives 1% of our profits to charity each year. Our working culture promotes personal and career development and you’ll be part of a large international group with offices worldwide. Ecorys operates a flexible working policy.
About the Role:
Our Programme Management Unit has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Project manager to support the Erasmus+ EU education programme and the UK Grants Team within Ecorys.
Erasmus+ is a large EU education programme providing funding opportunities for international exchange and linking for all sectors of education, training and youth across Europe and beyond. The UK National Agency for Erasmus+, is a partnership between the British Council and Ecorys UK.
Initially the role will be supporting the Senior Finance Manager to ensure the effective financial delivery of the Erasmus+ programme. However, the role may work across numerous grant programmes if required.
You will act as the escalation point for the Delivery Team and provide advice, information and training.
Experience in accounting is not required, knowledge of reading accounts is desirable however full training will be given.
- Provide information and assist Delivery Teams in the financial management of their projects.
- Encourage the teams to actively seek opportunities to simplify or streamline processes where appropriate.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager in providing support to programme level activities such as the compilation of reports for the Grant Programmes.
- Update financial databases assisting in the compilation and analysis of programme level financial data.
- Hold discussions with clients about financial matters, including liaising with the British Council Finance team around day to day financial matters i.e. project payments and financial capacity checks.
- Support the Grant Teams, the Senior Finance Manager and Compliance Manager in the management and delivery of the programme of audits, financial elements of monitoring and support visits,
- Undertake Quality Checks and support the Financial Capacity Checks on Grant programmes. Identify risks and escalate as appropriate.
- Assist the delivery teams to critically review the design of internal financial systems and procedures. This will include:
- designing and monitoring systems for financial processing of projects, and assisting with the testing of internal and external financial databases and electronic forms/documentation
- planning and production of the financial elements of the guidance notes for projects (in conjunction with the Delivery Team)
- Assist with the planning and design of (financial) seminar materials where appropriate, and participate in project support seminars delivering high quality presentations (in conjunction with the Delivery Team)
- Strong numeracy skills and understanding of project budgets and costing profiles;
- Strong financial awareness and willingness to undertake further external financial training;
- Confidence in manipulating large amounts of data
- Advanced level of Excel including ability to use Pivot Tables and Macros.
- Experience of financial administration and monitoring.
- Ability to compile reports and highlight salient points such as impact, trends etc.
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Working knowledge of UK Accounts
- Experience in a project control environment;
- Experience of delivering advice and support services to projects
- Willingness to travel through the UK and abroad and work outside normal office hours, including nights away from home.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th May 2019.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'