Our client, a global business services organisation based in London/Home Counties is looking for a Project Manager in a brand new role to take responsibility for driving a number of finance projects of key strategic importance, starting with scoping and implementing a Finance shared service/outsourcing project.
As the Project Manager, it is essential that you are experienced in viewing the end to end process landscape as it enhances the understanding between the core and support processes.
- Deliver and manage projects across the business.
- Define project methodology and make sure it is applied
- Ensure project progress and quality (tracking deliverables)
- Build and update project detailed planning
- Alert project committee in case of planning slippage / Propose and implement corrective actions
- Present project’s progress to the Committee
- Monitor issues and risks
- Coordinate project team and resources
- Assign roles and responsibilities
- Ensure project coordination with other Division/Group projects
- Manage workshops organization
- Maintain planning of workshops
- Ensure consistency with attendee's agenda
- Manage project committees organisation
- Maintain planning of project committees
- Ensure attendee's availability and participation
- Manage project documentation
- Capitalise project documentation
- Influence Key Stakeholders
Requirements for the Project Manager:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent experience with at least 3 years’ post qualification experience
- Prince 2 qualified or other relevant project management skills
- Prior experience with Business Process Outsourcing
- Engaging and confident communication skills (written, verbal and presentations).
- Professional, committed, proactive, innovative and has integrity.
- Highly numerate and accurate.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership and to prioritise and manage own workload
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Fluency in English required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products including MS Visio
The successful candidate will likely be a qualified accountant with a Prince 2 qualification, have excellent experience working on the end to end process of finance projects with strong communication skills. This is an exciting brand new role with many challenges ahead and requires a candidate who is professional, confident, resourceful and enthusiastic to succeed and deliver into the business, please apply for further details.
- Project Management
- Project Coordination
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job