We're currently looking for a Finance Partner to join our UK&I Finance team based in Nottingham. This is a highly visible role which will have significant exposure to senior stakeholders with a varied set of responsibilities.
This is a part time opportunity, offering 22.5 hours per week which can be spread across Monday - Friday or alternatively a minimum of three days per week. This role is a fixed term opportunity, with an initial contract length of three to four months.
In this role, you'll have tremendous opportunity to have an influential role across all elements of the business, and the ability to positively impact performance.
- Partnering with the business leaders to help them understand their revenue and cost drivers and pro-actively drive and implement business optimisation and efficiencies, providing insight into product revenue and product margins.
- Support business partnering activities by ensuring the appropriate level of Commercial Support is provided to the business across a number of marketing, customer retention, product and billing initiatives and improvement plans.
- Identify risk and opportunities and work with the business to deliver cost saving initiatives and to ensure that available funds are directed towards the hardest hitting optimisation initiatives.
- Promote best practice, and continue with business process improvements and re-engineering to drive efficiency and add value to the business.
- Key financial processes including month end close, monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, financial control and governance. Responsibility for ensuring month end is performed accurately and effectively in line with divisional policies
- Ensure MI processes are efficient and meet stakeholders' needs and changing environment
- Co-ordinate and manage the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process and to ensure key deliverables are met with input from a variety of senior stakeholders (including the senior leadership team and their direct reports).
What are we looking for?
Key experience/skills we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in a finance function of a large corporate, ideally Plc, in increasingly responsible positions
- People management and coaching skills, alongside excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a demonstrable post-qualified experience
- Presence, gravitas and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Adaptability to change and proven track record of working in and responding positively to a fast paced, matrix organisation
- Excellent analytical, financial modelling and problem solving skills, an unfaltering attention to detail and is highly logical and numerate
- Strong drive to understand the commercial drivers of a business
- Proven ability to present ideas and opinions in a collaborative, credible and influential manner and to make financial information simple and insightful for finance and non-finance decision makers
- A continuous improvement mind-set
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technical accounting issues - e.g. revenue recognition, capex
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job