The Role: Paralegal
The Department: Capital Markets
One of the most prestigious US law firms is seeking to build out their respected London finance practice by adding a permanent paralegal with a firm focus on structured finance transactions.
The role would see you join a small, busy team, and allow you to gain exposure to a broad range of exciting and complex securitisations and structured products deals. A large part of the role would revolve around working with cutting-edge collateralised loan obligations and you would be afforded an extremely high level of responsibility right away.
• Support lawyers with legal research, updating of precedents, pitch documentation responses to tenders as requested.
• Draft routine correspondence.
• Proof reading and preparation of engrossment documentation.
• Speak to clients and make routine telephone calls.
• Assistance with file and transaction document management.
• Other general paralegal support as the need arises.
• Prepare marketing materials.
• Liaison with clients - ability to prioritise calls and take appropriate action.
• Photocopy, scan and bind documents, as required.
• Ensure all filing (paper and electronic) is accurate and kept up to date.
• Completion of legal forms and other documents relating to practice area to the requisite standard of accuracy and within deadlines.
• Undertake searches and other routine enquiries (i.e. Companies House).
• Preparation of completion bibles (paper and/or CD) as required.
• Proactively providing cover for other paralegals where necessary.
Candidate Skill Requirements:
- Previous legal experience, preferably at a major City or US law firm, in a corporate discipline.
- LPC qualified.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and other MS Office products.
- Research experience; good knowledge of legal databases such as Lexis Nexis, PLC etc.
- Good attention to detail.
- Have strong organisational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to self-manage and deal with conflicting priorities from different sources.
- Confident and assertive with excellent communication and client (internal and external) liaison skills.
- Duties and responsibilities may be reviewed periodically to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location or services provided.
This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset and transition into an exciting field of finance and work for a heavy-hitting US law firm. If you are interested in hearing more please get in touch.