Finance Outsourcing Senior / Accounts Senior
McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a TOP20 Accountancy Practice who are now looking to strengthen their General Practice team with the appointment of a Client Outsourcing Senior for their growing East London office. You will be working with entrepreneurial businesses and their owners to help support their long term goals, and managing your own portfolio of clients. Key duties include:
• Carrying out reconciliation of control accounts - bank, purchase & sales ledger, PAYE, payroll etc
• Involvement in planning of assignments and taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
• Journal entries, calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments
• Preparation of VAT returns and associated legislation returns, including cash accounting and partial exemption
• Preparation of management accounts
• Preparation of client year end accounts to 1st draft stages
• Communicating with and dealing with any queries from clients, including attending their premises when required
• Preparation of basic tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600).
• Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Manager & Director Levels.
• Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
• Attending client gatherings/client seminars on an ad-hoc basis as support for key events.
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant from a Top100 firm, ideally with a mixed industry-sector client portfolio and 3-4 years experience in the Accounting Profession. You should be competent with manual and computerised book-keeping, able to produce accounts for sole traders and partnerships and have strong organisational skills. You should have the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, a good understanding of client relationships and a high level of personal motivation. Knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would be useful, and travel to clients and other office sites will be required.
On offer is a salary up to £35,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 22 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job