The Shared Services Organisation requires a Senior Manager to lead the Engagement Support Services (ESS) team, delivering a variety of financial and administrative services to engagement teams across Deloitte. The role involves responsibility for the delivery team providing the day to day services and the business relationship teams who own the relationships with the business lines and lead on change and improvement projects. You will be a key part of the Finance Operations Leadership Team which includes ESS, Contact to Cash, Purchase to Pay and the Record to Report teams.
The ESS team will total over fifty people, approximately five of whom are based in Milton Keynes (including the Senior Manager), fifteen are based in Cardiff and thirty of whom are based in India, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. You will be responsible for developing and growing this team. The Shared Services Organisation is based in the UK and India, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising 17,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 5 Swiss offices.
Milton Keynes, with some travel as required
37.5 hours per week (flexible options negotiable)
Excellent Service and Relationship Management
- Building relationships with key stakeholders, based in multiple locations in the UK and Switzerland.
- Identify and understand customer needs beyond what has been requested.
- Management of relationship and service provided by, and between, the three locations to ensure one team mentality.
- Responsible for service delivery and quality of service.
- Owner of KPIs and SLAs to the business.
- Demonstrate the value for money for each of the services through transparency of resource and service deliveries
- To ensure all processes and procedures comply with relevant legislation and audit requirements.
- Responsibility for ensuring all processes and procedures are documented, and for knowledge sharing.
- Manage complaints and escalations.
- Liaison with other Shared Services Organisation teams.
Team Development and Management
- Take an active role in the recruitment, induction programme and on-going training for team members.
- Performance management of the team, including one to one’s, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management.
- Play a key coaching and development role with all team members.
Continuous Service Improvement
- Proactively seek process improvements and establish agreed best practices.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement in the team.
- Management of changes including migration of services to low cost centres of excellence.
- Drive automation opportunities.
- Management of projects.
- To seek opportunities to expand service provision and to implement new services.
- Can interpret business objectives and drivers
- Has the ability to build personal and business relationships with leadership and clients
- Proactively looks for opportunities to put forward effective business solutions
- Ability to manage continuous improvement solutions
- Is able to establish themselves as a trusted business advisor
- Is seen as an expert in their field
- Awareness of competitor strategy
- Is able to continuously promote the services of the department and shape leadership thinking
- Can create a compelling vision
- Can lead and motivate through change
- Acts as a role model and inspires others to reach their potential
- Can take responsibility for delivery of high quality results
- Acts as a mentor and coach
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as part of the management team
- Promotes open and supportive culture
- Encourages others to stretch themselves
- Able to positively challenge strategic decisions
- Can manage strategic priorities in times of conflict
- Has a deep understanding of risk drivers
- Has experience of planning and managing budgets
- Successfully seizes opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of own department
- Previous experience managing a large service delivery function required.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential.
- Some overseas travel required.
- Management of third-party providers/offshore teams preferable.
We are Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will be a key part of the Finance Operations Leadership Team which includes ESS, Contact to Cash, Purchase to Pay and the Record to Report teams.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory.
For a full job description please click apply
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job