This is a great opportunity to join an award winning organisation, named Best Sustainable Housing Association in Wales 2021. We are one of the largest social housing landlords in Wales, with over 9,000 properties across our region, making a difference to our communities.
We continue to grow and are excited to add the role of Finance Officer to our team; the successful candidate will specialise as a VAT Compliance Officer. This is a permanent role with a starting salary of £28350 a year. Our main offices are in Neath Port Talbot, South Wales but we promote remote working.
About the role
We are currently looking for a motivated and dynamic individual to join our Finance Team as our Finance Officer you will be responsible for:
- VAT Compliance
- Supporting the Finance function through our transition to digitalisation
- Ensuring that processes, chart of accounts, VAT, depreciation policy and controls are adequate to meet legislative requirements.
The role of Finance Officer is very diverse and the successful candidate must have;
- A high level of analytical and partnering skills
- A strong understanding of VAT which is crucial in this role as well as knowledge of accounting standards and component accounting
- Suitable academic and professional qualifications or working towards one, with experience in VAT and Component Accounting in a Housing or regulated industry.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships across a diverse organisation by becoming a key member of various project teams
- Skills to influence and guide projects by utilising the right financial controls and processes to ensure accurate financial information flow and continuous improvement.
- Flexible Working options Home Working and Flexi time
- Generous stakeholder pension scheme (rising to 8% contributions)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Corporate benefits including employee discount schemes with many retailers
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Please see attached role profile for Finance Officer role for the full job description and person specification.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'