An exciting role to be part of a small finance team in a long-established organisation based in the centre of Newcastle.
The role will be based on-site in the office, reporting into the Senior Finance Officer. The organisation is looking for a flexible candidate who will be able to improve current processes, work flexibly with workload and support delivery of timely finance information. Key responsibilities are listed below.
- Assist preparation of purchase ledger
- Assist with sales inventory and income/expenditure reconciliations
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Balance sheet and general ledger maintenance
- Review processes and procedures
Other general duties as advised by the Senior Finance Officer.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Strength in double entry bookkeeping
- Experience in journal preparation
- Experience of balance sheet, including income and expenditure
- Understanding of purchase and sales ledger functions
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Strong IT skills
- Part-Qualified (AACA/ACA/CIMA/AAT). Other qualifications may be considered depending on level of experience.
- Three years' financial experience in similar roles.
- Candidates who have experience in payroll processing are desirable
- Highly motivated with a positive and flexible ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to challenge and seek improvements
- Ability to be flexible in approach to workload management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'