Temporary Finance Officer required- immediate start on offer
Cardiff City Centre
Salary of £10.61 per hour plus Hols
My client a large Public Sector organisation based in Central Cardiff is seeking to recruit a temporary Finance Officer for a minimum period of 6 months.
The main purpose of job will be to provide an accurate, efficient, effective and responsive transaction processing service, query handling and financial administration support to the business. The successful candidate will be focussed on providing outstanding customer service and responsible for processing a high volume of financial transactions relating to the below -
- The purchase to pay process
- Raising invoices(Sales)/recoveries (Grant)
- Reconciling project finances
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Process financial transactions to time and quality standards including but not limited to: purchase orders, journals, supplier payments, billing documents, customer and vendor creation transactions ,ensuring client (EC) and corporate standards and policies are met.
- Support Finance managers through the provision of financial administration tasks, including but not limited to: collation, analysis and reconciliation of financial data for inclusion in client statement of accounts and management reporting; contract start up and closure processes; preparation and follow up of audits; gathering financial data for the development of financial proposals / costing
- Respond to queries from internal / external customers relating to any type of financial transaction, resolving these quickly and efficiently in ways that enhance our reputation
- Provide transactional budget and final report checks across the business as required
- Actively identify and champion areas for change or improvement, including any blockages in service delivery, taking appropriate action to minimise the impact on customers
- Support financial management and risk management and reporting
- Actively contribute to own performance planning, management and review processes, and engage in continuous learning and professional development
- Support the delivery of operational plans for own area of work
- Ensure professionalism is demonstrated in your area and customer / client needs and perspectives are reflected in your behaviours and focus
- Support the embedding of continuous learning and improvement into the team
- Seek to understand the interdependencies and connections the team has with other functions and teams within team and the wider organisation
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all core financial processes and have attention to detail and be comfortable working on highly systematised and often repetitive tasks
- Purchase Ledger
- accounts as
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'