We have an excellent job opportunity for a Finance Officer to work 28 hours per week for this Glamorgan based Charity.
The Finance Officer is a critical role within a small and enthusiastic team and you will support the organisation in maintaining financial procedures and systems, budgeting, management accounts and record keeping. You will also contribute to the business development of the organisation.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who is capable of working independently and can identify and implement ways of improving working practises and processes.
Duties as Finance Officer
• Strong systems knowledge, with a real interest and curiosity in this area.
• Manage and operate accounts on Quickbooks (or equivalent)
• Ensure the production of complete and accurate financial accounts to trial balance
• Contribute to the Business Development of the organisation working closely with the Senior Management Team
• Project budgets, forecast and variance analysis including restricted/designated funds
• Work with large volumes of data from Quickbooks (or equivalent) accounting package
• Produce full set of management accounts and quarterly reports
• Provide staff with Ad hoc financial reports to help monitor project and/or other budgets
• Reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Paying invoices, raising invoices and credit control
• Maintain records of changes to Board membership and communicate with Companies House, Charities Commission and HMRC.
• Implement and manage system changes to improve internal systems
• Manage all matters relating to staff pensions
• Liaise with the Vale of Glamorgan Council regarding payroll
• Attend Finance and Policy meetings and Board Meetings
• Deputise for other staff as required
• Carry out further duties appropriate to the post in furtherance of the Organisation's stated purpose, aims, objectives, policies and priorities.
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Skills
To be considered for the role of Finance Officer, you will need to have:
• Operational experience of Quickbooks accounts system or equivalent accounting software
• Good Excel skills to export and interpret Quickbooks (or equivalent) data into reports
• Ability to work flexibly and demonstrate the use of own initiative
• Strong Financial and Accountancy skills
• Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles preferably SORP
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Confidence working with email, internet, spreadsheets and word processing
• Enthusiasm, a positive approach and an attention to detail
• Outgoing and confident character able to communicate at all levels
• The ability to promote the work and conduct themselves within the values of the charity
• Openness to continual personal and professional development
• Ability to travel throughout the Vale of Glamorgan and surrounding areas for the purposes of the post
• Willing to work some evenings and weekends as required.
• Ability to communicate in Welsh or the commitment to learn Welsh
In the role of Finance Officer, the working hours are:
• 28 hours per week.
• Normal office hours are Monday - Friday 9.00 am - 4.30 pm.
• The Charity has adopted a flexi time system.
• Core hours are 10.00 am to 12 noon and 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
• Recognised out of hours work will be recompensed by time off in lieu.
There is a package on offer of:
• A salary of £27,905 (pro rata)
• Pension - an employer's contribution at a maximum of 6% of your gross superannuable salary in addition to your salary, to a personal pension scheme of your choice after satisfactory completion of probationary period.
• Mileage rate - casual users rate, currently 45p per mile
• Holidays - 29 days annual leave plus 8 statutory, extra statutory, concessionary and general national holidays (pro rata).
After applying you will be sent an Application Form which will need to be completed and returned, demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria for this position.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your details will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'