An exciting opportunity to join a truly innovative national investment management company, whose headquarters are in Launceston, Cornwall.
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Important Functional Relationships (Internal): Rest of the Finance Team, Property Funds Team and wider Organisation.
Important Functional Relationships (External): Suppliers, social enterprises and investment committee members.
Key Purpose: To maintain accurate accounting records and provide consistent and efficient financial information to the wider team.
Key Function: Provide support to the Head of Finance to deliver first class financial information to each team, respond to queries and to maintain high standards of bookkeeping and financial stewardship.
Summary: This job description summarises the role of the Finance Officer in the Finance Team based at the organisation's Head Office in Launceston. The mission of the organisation is to connect capital with social enterprise, and it has 15 years’ track record in delivering that. You will be working with all the different teams within the company, helping them to continue achieving this.
- Working under the direction of the Head of Finance to ensure that all financial functions are carried out to enable the wider team to be effective and efficient in their day to day duties.
- Processing property purchases ensuring that every expense allocated to each property is fully accountable, approved in line with company policy and coded correctly.
- Purchase ledger processing, reconciliation and review, ensuring that suppliers are paid correctly and on time. This is particularly important for the contractors working to renovate our properties and get them ready for tenants as soon as possible.
- Processing inter-company charges.
- Credit control function.
- Cash flow forecasting and management, including timing of payment runs.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register on Xero and reconciliation with IT department.
- An accountancy qualification is not essential, but you should have lots of experience of working in an accounts department.
- Able to cope with multiple deadlines and a variety of tasks.
- A hands-on approach to work, willing to get stuck in no matter what the job and with a good team spirit.
- Confidence to ask questions and the desire to learn and develop.
- Competent IT skills, including the use of MS Office and web-based tools.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to plan and prioritize own work.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Consistent and reliable.
- Willing to work flexibly within a rapidly expanding company.
- Professional and enthusiastic representative of the company.
- Calm under pressure
- Fully shares in company values
- Accounts Assistant
- Financial Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'