Foxwell Associates are proud to be working with a charitable organisation in Malmesbury who currently require a Finance Officer to join their established corporate team. The role is permanent, working 25 hours per week, over four of five days as per individual preference, and is to start as soon as possible.
An overview of the Finance Officer role is as follows:
- Maintenance of the Charity's financial records using the Sage 50 and Microsoft Excel packages
- Control the cash handling, and processing of income into the business, with reconciliations back to bank
- Managing of Credit Control function and aged debt
- Managing of monthly payments, recording on Sage 50, with reconciliation of the PL. This includes cheques and direct debits
- Managing payroll process including submissions to HMRC, as well a pension submissions.
- Managing cash flow and bank accounts
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets
- Working with the Business Manager on Investment Management and justification of the work in quarterly panel meetings
- Statutory duties including preparation of monthly accounts, prepayments, accruals, depreciation and adjustments.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Preparatory work for audits
The successfully appointed Finance Officer will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven experience as a Finance Officer/Assistant Accountant, ideally with ATT/AAT qualification, although not essential.
- Proven experience specifically within management of income, payments, cash management and budgets, ideally within the charitable sector, although not essential
- Substantial experience with Sage 50 through to trial balance stage, and also ideally thankQ software
- Ability to work autonomously and work unaided, taking control of the finances
- Ability to work as part of a small close knit team
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
In return for your skills, the role governs a salary between £20,500 through to £25,000 on an equivalent annual salary basis, dependent on experience. The client also offers a very attractive benefits package.
For further information on the Finance Officer role, please contact Rich Cheasley on .
Foxwell Associates are committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all, and will not unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, colour, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity or political belief/opinions.
- Assistant Accountant
- part time
- Sage 50
- Finance Officer
- "management accounts"