We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to join the busy accounts department at the Fashion Retail Academy, located in Central Londn
The Fashion Retail Academy is an 'outstanding’ and unique employer led college with charitable status born out of the industry in 2005 in response to an overwhelming skills gap.
Location: Central London
Position: Finance Officer
Salary: £23,500 - £25,500 (dependant on experience)
Purpose of Role
This is a key accounting position to carry out a range of financial processes and assist and support the Financial Controller in day-to-day accounting activities. The main focus will be on processing purchase orders, carrying out accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures, banking and general accounting activities for two companies (group and subsidiary).
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise all invoices for services provided by the Academy.
- Prepare cash collections fortnightly.
- Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures using the accounting system.
- Ensure all purchase order requisitions are completed and recorded re financial regulations.
- Ensure all supplier invoices come centrally to Finance and processed accordingly.
- Run creditors pay run bi-monthly.
- Print/Email remittances to suppliers.
- Administer and monitor payments from students; fees, materials, trips and printing.
- Ensure all student income is promptly collected and recorded on accounting system.
- Performing month end reconciliations for Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Petty Cash and Credit Card.
- Perform a credit control function particularly to collect student fees.
- General accounting activities as required by the Financial Controller
Qualifications and experience required for the role
Experience in working on a computerised accounting system.
Experience in general accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing and posting journals and maintaining the cashbook.
Minimum of 2 years working in an accounting environment.
Essential knowledge required for role
Excellent knowledge of basic accounting including double entry bookkeeping and maintaining all ledgers
Cashbook maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, nominal ledger and BACS payments
Essential skills for the role
Ability to process data in an efficient and timely manner whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy. Proven competence in the use of accounting systems, spreadsheets and word processing.
Good numeracy skills and ability to process information quickly and effectively.
Ability to work effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders (i.e. students & other debtors, creditors, banks etc).
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to work methodically and systematically and to present information clearly and succinctly.
To be fully literate in IT office based software packages.
Excellent customer service skills are essential in this role.
Personal characteristic required for the role
A flexible and proactive approach to problem solving.
A committed team player who possesses a 'can do’ approach and a willingness to cover for other team members as required.
Enthusiastic, well-motivated and confident approach.
Ability to use own initiative.
Ability to prioritise workload and plan appropriately to meet deadlines.
Ability to develop and maintain sound working relations with all key college stakeholders.
Commitment to promoting equal opportunities and diversity.
Hands on willing to undertake general administrative duties hard-working & flexible.
Committed to a Customer Service approach
- Accounts Payable
- Administrative Duties
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job