An exciting opportunity to join a small finance team in a rapidly growing charity based in Southampton.
Key duties: To support the finance team in all the financial and accounting needs of the Charity
- General Financial duties including creating and sending invoices to funders, receiving and inputting of receipts from funders, inputting and coding supplier invoices, staff expenses claims and petty cash. The payment by BACS and cheque of supplier invoices and staff expenses.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Filing of paperwork in a controlled way allowing for the ease of internal and external audits.
- Entering financial data in to an accounts based programme (the Charity currently uses Quickbooks) in the correct nominal and project codes.
- Undertake occasional reviews of charity costs - such as a review of energy suppliers and if money can be saved by moving.
- Submit Gift Aid claims.
- Telephone - responding to financial related telephone enquiries, taking messages, making telephone calls with external and internal customers.
- To assist other Finance staff as required.
Finance / Administration:
- Offer occasional general office help to an administration team during busy periods or as a sickness/holiday cover.
- To undertake one off projects for other departments that require a numerate mind and Excel knowledge.
- Meetings - be prepared to take notes at confidential financial meetings if required.
- To maintain accurate records of hours and expenses.
Policy and procedures
- Demonstrate working practice of No Limits policies and procedures and ensure all staff adheres to these practices.
- To be aware and demonstrate your responsibility under No Limits Health and Safety Policy and report hazards to the appropriate person.
- To deliver a service that is in line with relevant quality standards.
- To liaise and network with relevant organisations, ensuring that the financial needs of the Charity are met and good practice are shared, adding to the development of the service.
- To attend training and meetings as required and attendand participate in regular supervision.
- Undertake other duties as required by No Limits.
This Job Description will need to be responsive to the changing needs of the service and will be reviewed regularly by Line Manager and Management Committee.
Experience of working in a financial role before.
How an office environment works. Comfortable with finance and accounts processes above an entry level.
Basic understanding of income from multiple funders needing to be coded correctly so that analysis of project expenditure can be produced.
Basic understanding of an accounts package and a willingness to learn Quickbooks.
Happy to use accounts packages after training.
Previous use of Quickbooks is not required.
Computer and IT literate.
Ability to accurately code and enter data onto an accounts package.
Ability to work as an individual and to be able to appraise workload, make decisions about priority tasks where appropriate in a busy working environment.
Ability to work with the Senior Finance Officer in a team to meet financial deadlines.
After training - happy to work as an individual, making initial decisions on prioritising order of work.
Able to be a team player and work under direction of Senior Finance Officer on larger projects in a busy working environment.
Can work unsupervised and make own decisions.
Can be a team player and follow direction of line manager.
Ability to use Excel at a basic level and to learn more.
Possible: A knowledge of Excel and comfortable with large spreadsheets using multiple tabs and simple formula.
A basic knowledge level of Excel is required and will be tested at interview.
Although not tested at interview the candidate should be comfortable with large spreadsheets using multiple tabs and formula or be willing to learn.
Excel knowledge at a basic level.
Willingness to learn Excel to a higher level and then help others in the Charity outside the finance team with Excel spreadsheets.
Ability to make, answer and field telephone calls.
Familiarity with general office equipment.
Ability to answer questions on the telephone externally and internally.
Ability to use photocopiers, printers, computers, etc.
A good telephone manner.
Willingness to learn and ability to learn quickly how to use basic office equipment.
Filing - able to create and maintain financial filing systems.
Ability to file in a set order for quick easy retrieval of documents.
Willingness to learn filing system (paper and electronic) and keep up to date.
Ability to carry out duties as may be required to support No Limits
Although the job will have set functions and deadlines both monthly and quarterly - there will be a number of varied projects that will require the support of the Finance Officer
Willingness to work outside of a routine in order to help the charity as a whole.
The close date for this vacancy is Monday 26th February
- Financial Duties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job