A global Law firm is looking to recruit a Finance Officer to join their luxurious London offices on a permanent full time basis. You will be there to provide an effective and efficient disbursement function within the Finance Department.
As the Finance Officer your responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring all disbursement invoices and professional fees received are distributed to fee earners for authorisation in accordance with the firm's approval policies, and returned for processing onto the Elite 3E accounting system, to ensure they are promptly into the billing cycle.
- Preparing daily payment runs by BACS/CHAPS, on the firm's on-line banking platform. Payments include local and international payments. Paying professional fees and counsel fees once our bills are paid in accordance with SRA regulations.
- Making urgent ad hoc payments as necessary.
- Despatching and e-mailing remittance advices on a timely basis as confirmation of payment.
- Reconciling statements on a regular basis in order to identify any discrepancies, and working to resolve them in a timely manner, liaising with partners and staff as required.
- Undertaking regular reviews of all unpaid and unbilled items, and using initiative to clear down such items.
- Dealing with third party / payment queries.
- Disbursement transfers and reversals.
- Posting payments onto Elite 3E.
- General office administration, such as filing and retrieving copy documents and other projects as required.
- Providing holiday cover to other members of the Finance team.
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
To be successful in this role it is preferred you have at least 2 years' experience in accounts payable experience. You will need a good knowledge of SRA Account Rules. You will need a broad understanding of UK VAT legislation and its application to purchase ledger and cash book transactions. You will need to be a motivated individual who is willing to learn new systems. You will need to be a good team player, good at managing multiple skills and have good interpersonal skills as well as being organised. You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you meet the criteria above, please apply today