The Finance Officer / Credit Controller is responsible for supporting the Finance department for a well-known Retail Company based in East London. The position reports to the Group Financial Controller.
The Credit Controller will work as part of the team and performs duties as below.
- Post daily bank receipts in multiple currency on customer accounts ensuring accuracy of postings.
- Post daily cash and credit card receipts on customer accounts ensuring accuracy of postings.
- Match and allocate receipts and credit notes on customer accounts
- Purchase ledger, Bank Recs
- Reconcile Customer accounts and send customer statements as per frequency schedule.
- Monitor and set credit limits in consultation with departmental head
- Follow up and chase outstanding customer invoices ensuring payment is received by the due date.
- Preparing Aged Debtors, Overdue, Due Date Report and other reports as required.
- You will be able to Manage Debtors Days in accordance with targets set.
- Conduct customer due diligence in coordination with due diligence officer
- Preparing claims for overdue customer invoices for debt collector and reporting to insurers in accordance with reporting deadline.
- Filing invoice copies, credit notes, remittances and other relevant documents
Ideal skills specification:
- Experience of credit control and account receivables within retail / similar industry
- Experience of handling multi-currency and dealing with customer across the world especially Europe, Far-east and China.
- Strong customer service skills to chase customers
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced organisation
- Working Knowledge of Sage and SUN software
- Bank Reconciliations
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job