Finance Officer - Payroll
Our client is looking for a Finance Officer in Payroll and Banking to join their growing team to ensure they can continue to successfully support the business needs and objectives.
Our client pride themselves on creating a culture that is dynamic, promotes active listening and continuously improves by learning new skills and knowledge.
As a Finance Officer you will be assisting the systems accountant to ensure you deliver an efficient service across the whole organisation. You will be responsible for the payroll, cash and bank function across the whole business. Your duties will include
- Maintain an efficient professional monthly payroll service in compliance with relevant legislation, statutory and business timetables
- Manage all payroll queries
- Reviewing and implementing a new payroll system
- Submit all payments and information to HMRC and 3rd parties in a timely manner
- Produce the LGPS pension return on a monthly basis
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations for all payroll codes and investigate and resolve any variances
- Import the bank statement into the Finance systems on a daily basis
- Ensure the casebook is kept up to date, all controls are in place and are effective for cashbook 01-05
- Undertake a weekly reconciliation between the bank account and cashbooks on a regular and timely basis and investigate any variances
- Run the un-reconciled transactions report at month end and ensure all transactions have been matched off in the Finance systems.
- Produce bank reconciliations for cashbook 01-05 on a monthly basis and investigate and resolve any variances
- Cash cheques and make deposits
- Review team’s procedures and processes to deliver improvements in management accounting services and customer satisfaction.
- Produce all necessary reports and management information required for reconciliation as and when required
This role is a fixed term contract for 6-9 months. If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please call Gina on 07947-367241 or email your cv to