Finance Officer - Leading SME
£22K + Bens
Now Careers are working with a Leading SME based in Hengoed who have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer. Working for the Financial Controller, you will be part of a small and friendly team that is a key part of the business.
Purpose of the role
To provide support to the Finance Director and take a lead role in processing the day to day accountancy work.
- Finance administration duties.
- Processing the Company payroll on Sage.
- Month Pension administration.
- Collating, performing numerical checks and recording information from expenditure invoices
- Numerical data entry work on various spreadsheets
- Operation of Sage accounts system
- Maintaining financial files
- Dealing with queries
- Maintaining various databases
- Collating and reconciling weekly cash returns
- Collating salary payroll information and preparing monthly salary budget spreadsheet
- Preparing monthly payroll information which will include collation, input and processing on Sage Payroll.
- Preparing monthly pension auto-enrolment information which will include collation, input and liaison with our payroll provider as well assisting with employee correspondence
- Adopting a flexible approach to work and duties
- Any other general routine and ad hoc financial duties as required by the Senior Management Team.
- Delegating work to finance assistant.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure the Head Office support function is seamless and effective
- Help with the Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger
- Previous experience of working at an assistant level within an accounts department.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Excel and Sage (or very similar).
- A working knowledge of payroll processing.