I am recruiting for one of our clients, an International Membership Body, based in East London, they are looking to recruit a Finance Officer on a permanent basis.
- Ensure that all invoices are properly coded and charged to the appropriate cost centre.
- Ensure that purchase orders are matched with invoices
- Ensure that invoices are properly authorised in line with set staff authorisation limits.
- Accurately input invoices onto the accounting system
- Paying invoices on the due date if all preceding instructions are agreed by BACS or cheque or other method of payment ensuring any discounts available for early payment are taken advantage of. To send out cheques and remittance advices to suppliers.
- Reconciling all supplier accounts to statements on weekly basis and file all paid invoices by supplier on weekly basis.
- Ensure that paid invoices are filed appropriately either manually or electronically (when available) and easily available for recall
- Assist in month end tasks in particular, depreciation, accruals and prepayments.
- Control all aspects of petty cash by reimbursing expense claims, paying approved cash advances and reconcile all petty cash floats.
- Liaising with the overseas divisions and handling the expenses through foreign exchange
- 15 % non- contributory pension scheme
- 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Part Qualified (Studying towards) ACCA, CIMA or AAT
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'