1. Maintaining effective credit control procedures including the monitoring of grants and assisting with the collection of rental debtors.
2. Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
3. Reconcile turnover per ledgers to management account.
4. Maintenance of the ledgers and control accounts, raising of journal entries, correction of errors and effecting reallocations.
5. Preparation of month-end management account journals and assisting the preparation of monthly management accounts.
6. Assisting in preparing year-end audit schedules.
7. Assisting in the preparation and collation of the annual budget.
8. Training support budget holders in the use and implementation of purchasing software.
9. Assisting and supporting the junior members of the Finance Team as necessary across a range of tasks including: the processing of monthly payroll and year-end reporting and compliance with PAYE and NI requirements; raising sundry invoices and collecting payment; maintaining electronic banking data and posting income to accounting software; preparing banking for rent and non-rent receipts; and maintenance of petty cash floats and suspense accounts.
10. Assist with reserves reconciliation and transfers between funds.
11. Maintain the organisations fixed asset register
12. Assist the Head of Finance with preparation of financial forecasts and cash flow projections
13. Update Head of Finance on any internal control failures
1. A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy accounts department.
2. A high standard of numeracy and some level of professional accounting qualification.
3. Highly computer literate with practical experience of using computer spreadsheet packages including MS Excel and experience of using computerised accounting and payroll systems.
4. Ability to follow agreed financial procedures including credit control, raising invoices, maintenance of nominal ledger, bank reconciliations and electronic banking
5. Excellent administration and analytical skills to prepare concise and accurate reconciliations and analyses of individual income, expenditure and control accounts
6. Ability to deliver the highest standards of internal customer service through positive attitude to the role.
7. Ability to work under pressure, effective time management, organisational skills and team working sills.
8. A commitment to working within the Trust’s equal opportunities policy.
9. Experience of using Access Dimensions accounting software.
10. Working towards a recognised bookkeeping or accounting qualification.
11. Experience of property management accounting packages and rental ledgers.
12. Dealing with complex accounting transactions
13. Experience of SORP on charity accounts
Our mission: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them. The rules are simple: Refer a friend or colleague who is not already registered with Morgan Spencer. If we place them in a permanent role, we will reward you with £150 of Gift vouchers of your choice. Remember there is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, and therefore the rewards you can claim!!!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job