Our client is an medical device company based near Macclesfield.
They are looking to hire a new Finance & Office Manager to manage the Financial/Accounting function within the Company and ensure the timely issuing of Customer Invoices, manage credit control and prepare management updates on performance in these areas.HR administration and Office administration capabilities are required.
This is a new position in the company. The role is initially on a part time basis for 3 days per week.
In respect to finance administration, be responsible for administration and transaction management of
- Accounts Receivable (Debtors) - including ensuring that invoices are created and posted to the accounts package correctly, prepare age debtor reports and the collection of invoices outstanding
- Accounts Payable (Creditors) - including ensuring that invoices are authorised and posted to the accounts package correctly, prepare age creditor reports, reconcile creditors, etc.
- Administer the banking records including posting all cash receipts and payments to the accounts package correctly and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Stock Management and the integration between manufacturing and Finance
- Nominal Ledger - ensure that all books of accounts are kept and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Work with the CFO in completing tax returns (VAT, Payroll, and Corporate Tax) as required.
- Carry out other ad-hoc assignments required by the CFO from time to time.
- Detailed familiarity with the set up and ongoing management of an on-line Accounting programme such as Xero and Sage in a small , multi-site, dual currency environment.
In respect to operations administration, be responsible for administrating:
- Manage the HR Administration within the Group including but not limited to:
- Setting up of files for new hires ensuring checklist is completed.
- Generate and Issue employment contracts and contract extensions.
- Where appropriate make work permit applications.
- Carry out inductions for new employees
- Set up of new employees on an appropriate HR admin system eg HRLocker.
- Manage probationary periods.
- Ensure HR Locker or equivalent is kept up to date with any changes
- Administration of VHI Scheme( Ireland) and
- Manage Annual leave entitlement.
- Communicate with outsourced payroll to ensure employee salary changes are implemented
- Degree in Business or CIMA is desirable
- Minimum 5 years previous office experience is essential, ideally in a HR/Finance capacity
- Good systems and IT skills. HR and Finance systems experience with Sage 50 Accounts preferable. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel good general knowledge of IT systems.
- Integrity, confidentiality and builds trust easily
- Self-motivated and hardworking individual
- High attention to detail and accuracy good at finishing a job thoroughly. Ability to improve processes.
- Ability to solve problems, finding ways around things, ability to see the big picture and outside the box when needed.