£13,000 - £15,000 negotiable according to experience
Due to Maternity leave we have a vacancy which would be for a minimum 6 months but ideally we would like to employee a candidate looking for a permanent job as we would envisage the role going permanent as we are expanding and growing the business.
We are looking for an Office Junior, initially to work in the Purchasing section of Finance as we well as carrying out other ad-hoc admin duties. This role is working in a team of 10 reporting to the Finance Manager. The department sees a high volume of orders being processed weekly. Ideal applicants will be flexible, have a sound knowledge of Excel and be able to multitask.
You will need to be a committed team player who can focus on the task of achieving the common goals of the company. You will have a high level of self confidence and not be afraid to express your views in a team forum. You will possess a positive attitude to your work, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail whilst encouraging others to do the same.
This is a varied role and day to day tasks will include data entry, filing, providing refreshments at meetings, dealing with the outgoing mail as well as timely and accurate processing of engineer orders and purchase invoices, booking hotels and various travel arrangements. In time, you will also be prepared to take ownership of purchasing queries from both engineers and suppliers and see them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
The business is well established and rapidly expanding; we believe in the development and promotion of our staff and offer various training options to assist this. This particular role will benefit from cross training in all departments within the business.
- Making and Answering telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Data entry.
- Maintaining the filing system.
- Providing refreshments for board/client meetings.
- Dealing with the outgoing mail and paperwork.
- Cross training in all departments to cover in other departments as and when necessary.
- Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
- Computer literate with experience of Office (Word & Excel).
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Good with figures ideally a Mathematical Mind/Qualification
- Ability to learn new tasks and grow in the role
- Good organisational skills
- Able to cope with paperwork in an organised manor
- Confident and self motivated
For more information or a confidential Chat please send your CV to John or Sophie
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Office Administration