Reports to Management Accountant
- Responsibility for chasing outstanding invoices (specifically membership fees) to the Company and ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively.
- To provide a high level of customer service throughout the customers membership with the Company, communicating directly in respect to all financial membership queries.
- Management of membership contract process on Cenium.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and account records
Summary of key deliverables
- Uses initiative and imagination to achieve targeted results, while promoting customer goodwill, in line with the Company’s values including Service Excellence.
- Responsibility for cash collection by telephone and email whilst maintaining a strong customer care ethos.
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices. Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements.
- Liaising with the sales and accounts receivable teams to resolve outstanding queries. Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations.
- Working to strict monthly and annually collections targets Covering for the Events Credit Controller
- Responsibility for resolving all fee and direct debit related queries directly with the customer.
Management of membership contract process including:
- Setting up contracts for new members on cenium Resolving basic queries pertaining to membership
- Rolling over contracts and ensuring that the members are paying the right rate e.g. under 30’s moving to annual.
- Ensuring correct cancellation dates and start dates for members
- Regular cleansing of the data to ensure invoices are up to date and accurate Sending out Direct Debit confirmations, including variations for bill chasers
- Managing the compilation and analysis of financial data relating to members on a weekly basis Conducting the Auddis at least twice a month
- In conjunction with the Management Accountant, produce and check the monthly DD run
- Aid the membership manager to produce monthly membership statistics for the Board Deck Managing Cenium pop ups to enable reception to filter non payers entering the Club
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities may develop and change in consultation with line management.
- Previous experience of working in a finance department with exposure to credit control
- Able to work effectively with computerised systems i.e. Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Navision an Advantage
- High level of organisational and administration skills with the ability to deal with conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Preferred media/hospitality/membership experience
- Strong customer care ethos with the drive to attain the highest standard of customer service
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of basic financial procedures, policies and accounting code structures
- Ability to identify errors and make corrections to financial records.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. excel, word etc)
- Familiarity of making payments / submitted receipts via a BACs system.
- Administration Duties
- Customer Care
- Microsoft Office
- Managing Deadlines