Finance Manager | 58-68k | Tonbridge / Hybrid - 2 days office based, 3 days from home
Cobb & Jones Recruitment Ltd are working with a successful tech business based in West Kent in the recruitment of a new Finance Manager to join the finance function and support the development of processes and controls and work closely with the Finance Director in the smooth running of the function, liaising with the wider business to ensure accurate and useful business information is available.
Overseeing the Accounts function, ensuring accuracy and efficiency whilst meeting both internal and statutory reporting requirements. Responsible for all monthly and annual financial reporting, consolidation, analysis and maintaining regulatory compliance across all companies in the Group.
- Responsible for all internal monthly reporting across the UK and US companies, aligning practices to Group requirements and providing comprehensive variance analysis vs forecast.
- Responsible for all statutory & external reporting including Intrastat, government returns (ONS), insurance sums, VAT returns, R&D claims etc. plus external audit prep and annual statutory accounts.
- Responsible for month-end closure, including account reconciliations, nominal ledger review and internal systems balancing across all intercompany divisions.
- Review and approve all month-end adjustments including accruals, prepayments, payroll and intercompany.
- Reconcile monthly fixed assets postings, ensuring accurate calculation of depreciation/amortisation aligned to fixed asset policies.
- Ensure that robust documented internal controls, including balance sheet review with documented issues are resolved prior to formal sign off processes.
- Oversee all ledger activity and manage cash and treasury functions for both UK, US, and future divisions.
- Ensure bank payments and controls are accurate, overseeing weekly cash forecast submissions and supplier payments.
- Develop and enhance reporting structures where required to improve efficiency of group reporting, statutory accounts, and tax accounting.
- Motivate, mentor and appraise Financial Accountants who directly report to the Finance Manager.
- Proactively drive efficiencies within the Finance department and actively participate in any projects to develop the Finance function as a whole and provide support to the Finance Director.
Candidate Profile & Skills:
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and enhance and streamline processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Outstanding trouble-shooting skills and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerically confident.
- Good documentation and organisation skills.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- Analytical and data driven approach to problem solving.
- Ability to confidently liaise with Senior Management.
- Ability to coach and advise others.
- Qualified accountant with ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with ERP and finance systems.
- Strong technical understanding of accounting standards and regulatory reporting.
- Strong IT skills specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Good business acumen with commercial thinking.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels.
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team.
- Balance Sheet
- Microsoft Excel
- P&L Accountability
- Staff Management
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'