**Job Opportunity: Finance Manager**
**About the Role:**
- Lead strategic financial management for a school in Rochester.
- Report directly to the Head Teacher and collaborate with the Finance Director.
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations, ensuring alignment with school policies and objectives.
**Leadership and Strategy:**
- Guide financial decisions in line with the school's strategic goals.
- Attend leadership team meetings, reporting to governors when necessary.
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher on organizational changes related to pay and conditions.
- Implement school-wide changes and allocate resources based on the school improvement plan.
- Develop and implement a Finance strategy supporting business objectives.
- Coordinate and produce the annual budget in collaboration with budget holders.
- Produce monthly management accounts and ad-hoc reports, ensuring compliance with Group Accounting policies.
- Manage recruitment and contractual changes, preparing reports for inspections and audits.
**Financial Management, Processes, and Controls:**
- Maintain financial ledgers and ensure adherence to finance systems and controls.
- Design and implement effective Finance policies and procedures.
- Oversee invoicing for school fees, manage accounts receivable and payable processes.
- Handle payroll processes, ensuring compliance with regulations.
**Expense Management, Procurement, and Contracts:**
- Review contracts, manage tenders, and lead procurement processes.
- Ensure terms and conditions and key contracts are up to date.
- Act as the key contact for the Group Insurance broker.
- Ensure effective operation of the finance department, delegating tasks as needed.
- Review and supervise the work of Assistant Finance Manager.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and other business matters.
**Qualifications & Training (Desirable):**
- Recognized Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience in a senior finance role.
- Degree or equivalent.
**Skills & Abilities (Desirable):**
- Proven people management skills.
- Strong team player with leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly.
- Strong IT analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Xero and Google.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'