We have an immediate vacancy for a Finance specialist with excellent Business Partnering and people skills to join our small but hard-working team based in Kettering. This is an opportunity for you to join a team focussed on helping to break the link between poverty and underachievement.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000
· 30 Days Holiday + statutory
· LGPS defined benefit scheme, includes Death in service cover
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Rugby, Leicester, Coventry, Northampton, Wellingborough
JOB DESCRIPTION: Finance Manager / FInancial Accountant / Management Accountant
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our trust. This role will provide a genuine opportunity to work on your own initiative, in fact it would particularly suit someone who has a can-do attitude and who enjoys getting stuck in.
We would be delighted to receive applications from qualified Finance Managers / Management Accountants with aspirations to secure a move to a progressive trust with a relaxed but professional work environment where your insights and suggestions will have the potential to shape the organisation.
The main duties/responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring the trust has a robust and accurate financial accounting function
· Support the Head of Finance and CFO in ensuring the central team has strong oversight and controls in place in relation to both central and regional process
· Provide professional financial advice to the head of finance, and wider finance function including external stakeholders. Experience of multi-site/department business partnering will be a distinct advantage.
· Prepare the annual statutory accounts and government financial returns, liaising with external audit as necessary.
· Prepare the regular monthly and ad-hoc financial monitoring data
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Finance Manager / FInancial Accountant / Management Accountant
The successful candidate will most likely be looking to take the next step in their career, you may be looking for exposure to public sector finance, you may just be looking for a more varied position where the day-to-day finance is mixed with a healthy dose of regulation and compliance that is vital in this position.
In addition to this, you would have:
· A finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA or potentially ACA) would be preferred although we will also consider applications from candidates who are qualified by experience (QBE)
· Strong management accounts experience twinned with excellent communication skills and the willingness to travel to different sites
· Understanding of basic procurement practices and ideally some public sector experience
· Solid experience of managing and developing staff, this is a management role, however we are also open to people who have the skills and attributes to manage but are looking to step up into a management position.
With sites across the breadth and depth of England, our network of support and educational expertise is considerable. With such scope comes the requirement for robust structure and process, and through our regional structure, we have established a model that enables continued site improvement. We support our 28 locations through two regions, North and South, each of which is led by regional directors and regional operations directors and is supported by a team of experts in areas like safeguarding.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Finance Manager, Senior Accountant, Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Assistant Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Financial Controller, Finance Director or Head of Finance & Operations, Financial Accountant.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client.
REF: LL16263, Wallace Hind Selection
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'