Who are Euro Garages?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
Our Finance Team is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity available for a Finance Manager! In this role you will be required to provide accounting support within the Finance team, to ensure key financial close and day to day activities are complete in a robust and timely manner. The role will also act as a key supporting role for Financial Controller but also play a key role in the development of Management Accountants and their assistants. The role will also involve integration and transformation of finance functions on key acquisitions taken place during the year.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Ownership of the audit process and delivery of key deliverables
- Work with various stakeholders to support the development of understanding of key business processes and develop commercial and operational understanding
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and provide first input into monthly management accounts
- Presentation of monthly numbers to the Financial Controller
- Preparation of key inputs into the board pack presented to senior managment
- Provide Financial Controller with concise, and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
- Support Financial Controller in ensuring strong month end controls and adherence to deadlines to support wider group reporting requirements
- First point of review for work performed by the Management Accountant and their assistants including monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead process of process documentation and controls for all assigned areas and ensure consistency across all documented processes
- Maintain and improve standardisation of tasks and processes
- Management and development of Management accountants and their assistants.
- Supporting the understanding and investigation of variance analysis relating to actuals vs budgets and forecasts and work closely with the commercial team
- Shadow and work closely with the Financial Controller to develop strong cross functional partnerships with across various departments (Fuel, Merchandising, Operations and Maintenance, Payroll, HR), documenting minutes and actions of key discussions
- Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
- Lead in the preparation and review of accurate site p&l's for responsible functional are to ensure all numbers reported are accurate and discrepancies understood and investigated
- Ensuring local GAAP requirements are applied correctly in the financial close process
- Playing a leading role in the integration of finance functions on recent acquisitions
- Assisting in key stages of system implementation programmes
- Other Adhoc projects
Do I have what it takes?
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and appreciation of general accounting
- Accounting/Finance Degree
What’s in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it’s our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
Competitive Annual Leave - We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!
Work Anniversary Awards - We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!
Employee Discounts - You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!
Free Parking - We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!
Role: Finance Manager
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'