Meraki Talent are supporting with the appointment of a permanent Finance Manager role paying up to £45,000 plus excellent holiday and pension allowances.
The position of Finance Manager is a newly created role as the Financial Controller appointed within 2020 restructures the team and function to enhance their value-add proposition to the business. The Financial Controller is really big on personal development and is keen to adopt a mentor and coach relationship with the new encumberment to ensure they reach their full potential.
The role of Finance Manager can be described as a hybrid position with 50% of the role managing the BAU finance function and month-end process. The remaining 50% will be highly commercial focused on business partnering, FP&A and involvement in a number of high value & business critical projects. The business has recently made a leadership appointment to drive diversification which will result in new services, partnerships and potential geographic expansion.
It’s essential the successful candidate has strong financial accounting experience to take ownership of this and the month-end process. Commercial, business partnering or projects experience would be advantageous alongside the financial accounting experience however not essential as the Financial Controller is more than willing to invest their time and effort to upskills the individuals as that’s their area of expertise.
The position of Finance Manager will offer a salary of £45,000 plus fantastic pension and holiday allowances. The role also has plenty scope for salary and career progression.
The role can be based from home for at least 3, potentially 4 days of the week as this business are huge on work life balance and flexibility, furthermore they have all the tools and technology to allow for successful remote working. The offices are based 40/50 minutes outside of Edinburgh and the successful applicant must be prepared to be in the office at least 1 day per week and occasionally 2 depending on business needs.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting and deputising for the Financial Controller
- Managing a small finance team - AP, AR, credit control, month-end
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts & returns
- Maintenance of the balance sheet and reconciliations process
- Assisting with annual audit preparation
- VAT and taxation returns
- Overseeing month-end: journals, accruals, prepayments, etc.
- Finance business partnering with non-financial department and departmental heads
- Involvement in a number of high value and business critical projects
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Cashflow analysis and projects
- KPI setting and monitoring
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong financial accounting experience
- Supervisory or people management experience would be advantageous
- Commercial, business or projects exposure would be advantageous but not essential
- Proficient user of Excel
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private and confidential chat regarding this excellent opportunity.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'