A well-known Educational Charity Organisation in the Engineering sector is currently seeking a Finance Manager to take on ownership of the full financial remit of the business, working very closely with the CEO and the Board. The Charity has recently received a £3.5m grant, enabling it to secure brand new offices, as well as targeting expansion of its services. Due to where the Organisation is at in its growth journey, they are looking for a proactive Finance Manager who can join and push to make an impact from Day One.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Timely preparation of all statutory and management reporting information, including year-end accounts and liaison with auditors, as well as providing commentary for management decisions
- Preparation and management of tax and payroll data and statutory liabilities
- Optimisation of cash flow, with proactive management of all debtor and creditor matters
- Assisting closely with the CEO on private venture and capital expenditure requests to the board
- Ownership of relationships with Bankers and Insurers to ensure smooth continuation of operations
- Production of detailed departmental budgets along with associated commentary for Board members
- Ensuring Internal Controls are robust and adhered to across the organisation
- Business partnering with Departmental Staff, ensuring communication and organisational alignment, including holding briefings with Staff to share information
- Carrying out regular appraisals of Departmental Staff to ensure performance, as well as assessing training needs
- Identifying skills needs across the organisation, filling vacancies as appropriate
- Actively contributing to monthly management meetings, in particular providing financial input to strategic decisions
- Preparation of financial reports and studies for the Board’s use in research, as requested
The ideal candidate:
- Will hold a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Able and willing to join the organisation and make an impact from Day One
- Experience using ERP accounting packages
- Prior experience in managing the finances of a public sector/charity organisation will be beneficial
If the above role sounds like it would be an interesting opportunity for you, please apply for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'