Our client is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their expanding team.
The Finance Manager must have a sense of ownership and a desire to improve all aspects of financial accounting, reporting, control and analysis. They will need to assist the Finance Director and take responsibility for specific elements of the below:
- Dealing with all financial aspects of the business
- Supporting the management team to better understand financial performance
- Highlighting balance sheet risks and liabilities
- Meeting statutory obligations
They see this role as an entry point for a very strong candidate to move into the business, learn how they operate and make a real contribution by delivering change through a number of priority projects. This will then lead to ongoing ownership of key areas within Finance and greater responsibility including team management.
Job Accountabilities and Tasks:
- Identify and develop processes to improve controls over revenues and costs, including business wide process and system enhancements, KPI reporting and in depth deep dive analysis for key customers
- Develop regular structured reporting for the Board senior management team to aid commercial decision making
- Operation and automation of key balance sheet reconciliation and controls
- Understand and quantify the financial impact of new accounting policies
- Contribute to annual budgeting and regular forecasting
- Take responsibility and act as a change agent for key finance projects
The Individual - Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Attitude
- Strong, confident and resilient personality
- Presence and credibility as a future leader
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Real desire to learn quickly, and be able to challenge and be challenged in a constructive manner
- Relentless desire to drive change make improvements
- Flexibility to find solutions to challenges and a 'can do’ attitude.
- Pragmatic approach to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills
Job Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of multiple organisations from audit work in practice
- Understanding of requirements for effective management reporting
- Understanding of the importance of effective controls
- Demonstrable record of achievements in previous roles
- Demonstrable direct contact with senior management and 'ownership’ of issues
- Evidence of managing projects and/or driving improvements to business processes or financial performance
- Applicant must know what 'good’ looks like
- Strong degree (1st or 2:1) from a 'good’ university
- ICAEW / CIMA qualified with 1-2 years post qualification experience
- We are looking for a very strong candidate with high potential who is future FD material. Would expect this person to be a highly rated individual (top 20% of peers) from a major accountancy firm or from within a blue chip organisation.
- Annual Budget
- Balance Sheet
- Finance Manager
- Management Reporting
- CIM qualified
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'