High-performing, upmarket, private School is looking to appoint a Finance Manager with responsibility for the School’s finance function, management and year end reporting and effective control of both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
Reporting to the Business Manager, key responsibilities for the Finance Manager include:
- Management of the finance function with line managerial responsibility for the Finance Assistant
- Preparing Monthly Management Reports including Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet and detailed analytical commentary
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports, together with audit schedules
- Effective control of cash by working capital management and accurate, timely forecasting
- Hands on management of all aspects of the Accounts Receivables process
- Hands on management of all aspects of the Accounts Payables process
The Finance Manager will also be responsible for:
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and cashflows
- Ongoing control of budgets with production of periodic reports to budget holders during the financial year
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Month end General Ledger reconciliations
Additional duties for the Finance Manager include:
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Processing monthly payroll and liaising with the payroll agency
- Administration of the Group Pension Scheme
Suitable applicants for the Finance Manager position will have:
- Relevant work experience in a senior finance role
- A background in either the Education sector or at an SME within Commerce & Industry
- Excellent IT literacy including extensive Sage experience and intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- The ability to lead a team
- The ability to handle a busy and varied workload
This is an integral role to the continued success of the School, who are part of a forward-looking and expanding Group, working closely with the Business Manager to deliver a first-class service to the School.
An appointment will soon be made imminently so please don’t delay your application.
- Accounts Receivable
- P&L accounts
- Sage Accounts
- Cashflow Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'