Adjacency are recruiting a Finance Manager for a privately owned organisation based near Stroud who are proud to be UK leaders in their field. Their heritage dates back over many decades, they are well known for their innovative and proactive approach that allows them to offer their customers sustainable solutions with an environmental focus. This 12 month fixed term contract comes with a salary of £50,000 to £55,000 plus bonus and benefits.
An overriding focus of this role will be the continued development and improvement of the accounting process, enhancing and automating systems where possible and improving reporting.
Day to day responsibilities include;
- Accounting controls including review and reconciliation of intercompany trading and intercompany control accounts. Reconcile different accounting systems and ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are full and complete.
- Systems including ongoing development of reporting and provision of ad hoc reports as required, creation of new expense codes and supporting with maintenance of PO workflow system and leading on systems projects and upgrades that may occur.
- Statutory Accounting including accounts for all legal entities, consolidated statutory accounts for Group and new systems by mapping GL codes into system.
- Main point of Audit contact planning timetable both internally and alongside external Auditors managing internal timetable to ensure Prepared By Client requirements are met.
- Tax including iXBRL tagging, preparation of corporate taxation checklists, preparation of estimated corporate tax liability calculations, quarterly Group VAT returns and arrange payments, quarterly tax returns and collating information for R & D projects.
Required experience, attributes and qualifications;
- Fully Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Good knowledge of statutory accounts production (FRS 102) and the consolidation of accounting and basic taxation
- Proactive with initiative to solve complex problems and constantly looking to enhance and improve where possible.
- Experience of managing projects such as systems updates, process automation, controls and process improvement.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills with advanced Excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with all levels of the business
- Able to manage and prioritise workload in a dynamic environment, not fazed by no two days being the same.
- Team player used to working in a collaborative environment and supporting colleagues and the wider finance community as required.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'