About Our Client
A leading name in the architectural market, our client is an established, thriving Birmingham business, that has remained family owned since its inception in the nineties. In addition to a new a new IT system, our client is looking to expand an accomplished Finance Team with the addition of a new Finance Manager to support the growth of the company. A structured and ambitious company, our client invests heavily in the progression of the business but also proudly retains a family-ethos, in which employees are welcomed into a relaxed and modern workplace where communication and participation is encouraged.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the management team and will work hand in hand with the existing, well established management team. Responsible for the day to day running of the Finance Department, the Finance Manager will work closely with the other members of the management team to solve problems (which have a financial impact) that arise across the business. The Finance Manager will work with the HR Manager, Business Systems Manager and Office Manager who have responsibility for People, IT systems and operations respectively to develop and implement practical solutions to commercial issues which arise on a day to day basis.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Finance Director, working to prepare routine financial reporting, monthly management accounts and year-end financial statements and tax computations. The Finance Manager will ensure that month-end control accounts are maintained and reconciled and that the information required for the preparation of the management accounts is accurate and available on a timely basis. They will also assist in the identification of financial variances and the reasons behind them.
Our client is currently in the process of making a significant investment in a new ERP system. By joining our client at this time there is an opportunity to have a significant input into the design and set up of the new system. The implementation of the ERP system has also led to a broader restructuring of the Finance Team, with the incumbent Financial Controller, who has been with the business for 23 years, committed to stay with the business until the new ERP system has been fully implemented. They would then like to achieve a phased reduction in working hours in line with retirement ambitions, allowing a comprehensive hand-over to take place.
In summary, the successful Finance Manager candidate has an exciting opportunity to implement progressive changes to the Finance Team and the business’s core finance systems whilst benefiting from the extensive knowledge of the long-serving existing team during an extended handover period.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA or equivalent) or significant experience of leading a finance team in a SME business
- Experience of managing finance departments
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Very proactive work ethic
- Adaptable approach when working with the broader management team
- Trustworthy and confidential at all times
- Team player with ability and attitude to work in a close and dedicated team to achieve progressive results
- Essential Systems Experience: SAP, Sage, Advanced Excel and MS Office. SAP, and more specifically SAP Business One, experience would be considered a clear differentiator
What’s on Offer
- Competitive salary c. £50k per annum
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Out of city location with free staff parking
- Structured, weekday business hours
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'