competitive Salary + Bonus & Benefits
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Finance Manager will be required to manage financial accounting and control for our ‘in house’ roasting facility plus providing oversight on inventory across all UK and International business units operating under the Costa umbrella.
As the Finance Manager, you will be the “go to” person for stock across Costa, an expert in their area and lead the development of best in class practices for the reporting, control, and forecasting of stock.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design and document leading global processes for the reporting, control and forecasting of stock. Engaging with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure processes are best in class, consistent, and understood.
- Oversee the work of the cost accountant to ensure the financial accounting is accurate for the in house Roastery (based in Basildon), outsourced roasting facility and Costa @ Home.
- Ensuring all finished goods stock is always appropriately valued across all business units to provide and end-to-end comprehensive level of management assurance.
- Review the balance sheet reconciliations for inventory and ensure these are compliant with Whitbread Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Identify and report as appropriate any risks and opportunities within the inventory balance sheet accounts.
The ideal candidate will be extremely driven, thrive on a challenge and a self-motivator capable of working independently. A key element of the role will be managing and influencing senior stakeholders, so you will be engaging and flexible in your style, whilst able to assert yourself under challenge when necessary.
Skills and experience will include -
- Experience of inventory accounting practices in large UK listed organisations
- Previous experience of working in a Manufacturing/Production environment would be an advantage.
- Graduate-calibre qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Excellent inter-personal communication & influencing skills
- Experience of reporting and control in a multi-site hospitality or retail business.
- Commercial finance experience supporting an operational director or business unit.
So bring us your unique blend, together with ambition and experience and in return we’ll give you a competitive salary, a yearly bonus, plenty of benefits and more coffee than you could dream of to enjoy in a supportive environment.
We’re Costa, the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand*, pouring our heart and soul into everything we do and creating moments to remember for our customers, our communities and for each other. Together we turn sips into smiles, choices into opportunities and passions into careers. Help us spread a little happiness!
*Independent survey of 5000 people published in December 2017 by Allegra Strategies. For further details see
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'