Lewes, East Sussex
Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
Salary £35,000-40,000 per annum DOE
A reputable client, based in an idyllic rural setting in the Lewes area, is currently looking for a highly competent and experienced accounts professional to lead their finance function. This is an established organisation with a significant history in the area and close ties to the local community. They’re presently going through a phase of company development which will present many new and varied projects for this person to be involved in.
The role would suit a motivated self-starter who can manage their own workload effectively and who will drive departmental improvements and efficiencies. They will manage 2 individuals and have a close working relationship with the Managing Director as part of the senior management team. This attractive role offers a supportive and collaborative team environment alongside the opportunity to really add value and make business impact within a professional office atmosphere with beautiful surroundings.
Overview of Duties:
- Oversee the entirety of the company’s bookkeeping function with support from the finance team
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts with analysis and recommendations
- Creation of detailed income and expenditure budgets
- Prepare performance reports for internal and external stakeholders including assisting in the development of new MI reports
- Prepare payroll information for outsourced payroll bureau and oversee company pension scheme
- Monitor and control of debtors
- Driving cost control and cost saving activities
- Production of Year End information for external Accountants
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Effective management and development of finance staff
- Identify and implement improvements within the finance function
- AAT qualified
- Significant experience at the Finance Manager level incorporating the above listed duties
- Sound IT skills including a good intermediate level of Excel
- Experience of managing staff
- Excellent communication skills, high level of professionalism, and the ability to effectively present at Director level
- A pro-active and committed attitude towards their work
- Someone driven by success and looking to make their mark in a varied and exciting business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Own transport
This role will interview early September but applicants will be reviewed and shortlisted in advance.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"