An experienced, enthusiastic, suitably qualified Finance Manager is required to support the development of the Wishford Schools group .
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of working in a customer-facing multi-site service business in the education, healthcare, retail, hospitality or leisure sectors.
Founded in 2011, the group currently comprises seven prep schools in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Kent. The group is growing rapidly and we expect a number of additional schools to join us in the near future.
Working within the central finance team, Finance Managers take responsibility for a portfolio of the group’s schools. Working closely with other members of the team, School Business Managers, and supported by the Finance Assistants, the Finance Manager:
- ensures accurate and efficient financial processing and management;
- prepares management reporting and analysis; and
- supports budgeting and forecasting processes.
- To deputise for the Head of Financial Operations and Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, as required.
- To manage the finance assistants and ensure that they follow the finance procedures and complete the tasks required on a timely basis.
- To oversee the billing timetable and ensure it is adhered to by Finance Assistants and School Business Managers. Provide regular updates to the Head of Financial Operations.
- Ensure that the invoices prepared by the Finance Assistants are accurate and well presented.
- Oversee corrections to invoices and ensure that they are processed within the appropriate timescale.
- Review all year-round fee quotes and relevant correspondence prepared by School Business Managers and Finance Assistants before the information is sent to prospective parents.
- Assist School Business Managers prepare their Early Years Funding headcount submissions and review the information prior to submission. Reconcile submission information with receipts. Ensure that the Early Years Funding is allocated correctly in the nominal ledger.
- Review information to be provided to School Fee Plan.
- Ensure that the provision of costing information for clubs & activities and residential school trips is provided in the format required from School Business Managers and on a timely basis. Analyse this information as appropriate before providing to the Head of Financial Operations for authorisation.
- Oversee all billing ledger postings and ensure they are made to the correct charge codes and nominal codes and these are consistent across the group.
- Ensure that all queries from School Business Managers and parents are responded to appropriately in a timely manner.
- Review debtor balances on a weekly basis and ensure that appropriate action is in place to collect overdue fees.
- Oversee the purchase order procedure and ensure that it is being followed correctly by the School Business Managers
- Ensure that the authorised purchase orders are filed electronically on a timely basis
- Review creditor balances on a weekly basis.
- Review the weekly payment run and authorise the payments set up
- Oversee all purchase ledger postings to ensure they are made to the correct nominal codes and these are consistent across the group
- Review the bank reconciliations on a daily basis and resolve any issues.
- Reconcile sales ledger and purchase ledger balances to the nominal ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, comparing actual performance to budget and prior year, including providing explanations of variances.
- Prepare rolling cashflow forecasts on a monthly basis
- Revise and update budgets as necessary during the course of the year
- Prepare and process journals as required to ensure the management accounts properly reflect the trading position of the group
- To manage the payroll
- Oversee the finances of development projects
- Support the group finance team and the finance function within each school, to ensure consistency and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of information for annual financial statements and audit.
- Financial Management
- Management Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"