An excellent opportunity has arisen for a fully qualified accountant to join a medium sized finance team, within a highly credible and well known, Workington based organisation.
This is a key role within a busy and fast paced team and an opportunity to join an award winning, sector leading and dynamic company.
This role is responsible for the day to day operational management of a small finance team (3 staff), which includes the provision of financial and management accounting services to the Company and its subsidiaries/Parent Company.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to cost centre level including detailed variance analysis in accordance with strict deadlines
- Preparation of annual Company budgets and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Preparation of draft year-end financial accounts and liaison with external auditors for year-end audit
- Supervise processing and maintenance of Purchase Ledger and process monthly supplier BACS runs
- Ensure up to date processing of Sales Ledger and maintenance of debtors ledger ensuring that the Company DSO is maintained to acceptable levels.
- Funds management - production of a monthly rolling cash flow forecast to be submitted to Head Office
- Ensure Fixed Asset Register is fully up to date, Capital Expenditure is signed off appropriately and depreciation is posted to nominal ledgers on a monthly basis
- Liaison with Sales and Operations to provide sales quotations to major clients as requested
- PAYE - ensure all up to date and relevant legislation is adopted together with monthly HMRC updates and company HR changes, and, perform a monthly check on accuracy of payroll prior to processing and RTI submission.
- Pension administration - ensure integrity of data and liaison with pension provider and external advisers.
- Checking of quarterly VAT return prior to submission
Essential requirements for the role
- Qualified accountant with membership of CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW (or relevant accounting body)
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience post qualification
- Experienced in the preparation of budget, forecasts and business plans
- Taxation - up to date knowledge and practical understanding of payroll; all aspects of HMRC legislative requirements,
- Strong technical ability in financial accounting and preparation of accounts to statutory level.
- A track record of managing a finance team (no less than 2 years’ experience)
- Experience of dealing with major sales contracts
- Knowledgeable user of SAGE 200, SAGE Payroll systems and Hyperion
- Experience of working within a Parent Group structure and knowledge of integrated/solid consolidated accounting
- Highly skilled in Excel and able to handle large quantities of data
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasker
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise competing tasks/requirements
- Ability to constructively challenge where required, and, to be challenged.
- Excellent Punctuality & time-keeping
- Ability to form good relationships at all levels
- Presentation skills
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel & situations
- Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently.
- Commitment to achieving deadlines and meeting objectives
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective and empathetic management style with good team mentoring skills of team
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership, but is also a good team player
Salary & Benefits: £39,000 - £44,000 (dependant on qualifications & experience)
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (purchasing of an additional 3 days leave subject to minimum service).
Pension (from day one) - 5% company contribution with minimum 3% employee contribution - option for salary exchange.
Death in Service - 3.5 times annual salary
Company vehicles available for travel
Contract: Full-time, permanent
- Budget Management
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounts
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"