Finance Manager (Bristol/London)
Our client is a Fintech that provides working capital solutions to SME businesses throughout the UK. They provide a revolving credit facility to customers which is used to pay for goods or services.
The client’s facility isn’t secured against business assets, so works alongside any other finance or can be used as a standalone product.
The client has been operating for over 4 years and has grown steadily over that period. The business is backed by private investment and funded through a well- known financial institution.
To support its ambitious growth plans, the business has decided to restructure and as a part of the process, will be bringing the accounting function "in house". As a result, there is a requirement to build an internal capability to manage the finance operations of the business and as a result, the business is seeking to bring on a finance manager to manage the day to day finance activities.
Reporting to the, CFO they are looking for a "hands on" finance manager, who can undertake all aspects of financial control and accounting as well as having strong cash management and reconciliations experience. It would also be highly beneficial if the person has had experience of implementing a cloud-based accounting system such as Xero.
Activities include but are not limited to;
- Manage a small team of transaction admin staff who carry out the daily disbursements and repayments of funds
- Daily bank and fund usage reconciliation, producing weekly cashflow statements.
- Managing the accounts receivable and accounts payable activities
- Preparation and submission of VAT, PAYE and corporation tax returns
- Payroll preparation and administration
- Manage the monthly expenses process
- Preparation of the monthly accounts including preparation of journals and input of the revenue and cost accounting entries
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Work closely with the Auditors to prepare the annual Audited accounts
You will be successful in the role by:
- Ensuring there are "no surprises" for management regarding the financial performance of the business
- Consistently produce, timely, accurate and relevant management information to support decision making
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled daily
- Ensure all filings, (VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE) are made within the stipulated timeframes
- Ensure all internal and external reporting timeframes are met
- Ensuring the Audit field work is completed successfully on time
- Implementing robust processes and procedures around the finance function
- Maintaining the existing financial control framework, and identifying opportunities for further enhancement.
You will need to have
- 2 -4 years post ACA or ACCA qualified
- Knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS and GAAP accounting, highly desirable
- Experience of using Xero or similar cloud-based accounting packages that integrated with third-party add-ons (e.g. Receipt Bank, Expensify, ApprovalMax)
- Experience of creating financial statements for inclusion in the monthly board materials
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Working knowledge of VAT and corporation tax computations and payroll
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of managing the annual external audit process
- Experience of working in a financial services business with knowledge of interest charges, fees, and credit decisioning would be highly desirable
- Experience of working in a SME fast paced, changing environment would be highly desirable
- A willingness to take on a broad and evolving role that at times will require you to be extremely hands-on
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
- Employer matched pension contributions
- Private medical benefits
- A hard working but fun working environment
- Ability to shape the role and department
- Gloucester/Bristol with 1 to 2 days a week in London
- Finance Function
- Financial Control
- Monthly Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"