MacKenzie King are delighted to be working with a global financial services business in Ipswich town centre to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant. This role will support the Statutory Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager in the financial accounting function for the group. As the Senior Financial Accountant you will be a key point of contact for both local statutory reporting and Group reporting. You will have process responsibility for 4+ Accountants and Senior Accountants in the UK.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Investigate accounting treatment for new emerging technical updates and co-ordinate with group regarding their implementation
- Providing technical advice and training as requested to support the Finance, Risk and Strategy teams.
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory financial accounts of each UK entity in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Ensuring the accounts are audited as required, completed and submitted by the applicable deadlines.
- Assisting in overseeing the implementation of a new software package to facilitate standardisation of statutory accounts and production in a more efficient manner.
- Supporting the Company Secretarial team whose aim is to reduce the number of entities within the UK Group and ensure the UK Company structure is the most efficient.
You will be a qualified Accountant with a proven ability to improve processes, manage change and be able to teach/explain technical accounting issues. You will have a proven track record in financial reporting with a minimum of 5 years management experience and have experience of leading teams through a period of significant change.
In return you will work with a great team of people in a business that has an enviable reputation which will allow you the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job