Exciting opportunity for a part-qualified / QBE finance manager / company accountant to join our client, a boutique asset management and development company based in the West End. It is a sole charge role which carries much responsibility and would suit a hands-on self-starter.
The core responsibilities include:
- Producing quarterly management accounts, including profit and loss accounts and balance sheets, and presenting them to the directors/partners with clear and concise commentary
- Analysing key financial information to ensure management are able to make well-informed business decisions
- Producing the annual budget and forecasts
- Liaising with external accountants to assist with the production of annual statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Reviewing each company/LLP’s financial systems and procedures, and devising and implementing improvements as required
- Ad hoc operational and commercial project work
The core tasks will include:
- Day to day transaction reporting, including purchase and sales ledger entry
- Treasury management, including arranging all payments and bank reconciliations
- Credit control
- Purchase ledger control
- VAT returns
- CIS returns
- Preparation of management accounts and variance analysis
- Preparation of year-end adjustments, including depreciation, accruals and prepayments
- Maintaining internal control systems
Experience and skills required
- Part-qualified/ qualified by experienced accountant.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within an SME environment.
- Up to date knowledge of financial standards, accounting systems and processes
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of Sage L50 highly desirable
- Able to work independently
To apply for this finance manager role
Send brief covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Cash Flow
- Management Accounts
- Microsoft Excel
- Sage Line
- Vat Returns