Santander Operations UK is responsible for managing operations activity on behalf of Santander UK companies. Based on the experience reached over the last 5 years, and with a global management vision, the company offers services for specific operational areas, or the full range of back office banking operations.
Reporting directly into the Head of Finance you will be responsible for managing the company accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet etc.), via services provided by a central finance team, in addition, leading a small team responsible for company income and internal cost management (covering existing services and new services including change), giving financial support, advice and analysis to Santander UK Operations areas.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- To provide technical advice, expertise and management reporting to the operational areas in order to minimise/maximise financial risk/opportunity. Specifically:
- Responsible for management accounting covering Company P&L (incomes & costs) - production and reporting of management accounts and reviewing all level of financials which are presented to management and Santander Ops Exco.
- Lead on both internal and external annual cost/income budgeting
- Monthly reporting of income and costs covering actual v budget variances including individual business performance/P&Ls and understand key cost drivers of activity
- Responsible for management of income and costs for new change requests from the bank that has an impact in the operation
- Reporting of Financial risks & ops management and year end out-turns
- Offer financial support, advice and analysis to Santander Ops UK areas
- Management of foreign exchange & Balance Sheet via external Financial Accounting team
- Liaise with senior levels in external Santander companies and re-inforce relationships with Gesban(Financial Accounting Team) and Finance team in Spain
- Managing a small team of 3 people
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years post Qualified Accountant
- Good relationship builder - it is essential to have good working relationships both within Santander Ops, with Gesban and the bank
- Able to undertake complex analytical/modelling techniques; deal with complex issues and able to undertake special be-spoke analysis when requested.
- Will be managed by results and achievement of annual objectives and prepares action plans for the coming year and will have a clear sense of what must be achieved over the next year.
- Takes on a higher profile in internal projects and have a broad understanding of the business
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (ability to deal with people at all levels, including confidence to deal with senior members of staff / present at senior team meetings)
- Good PowerPoint and excel skills with sound analytical experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job