Marks Sattin are working in partnership with a global manufacturing business who are looking for an assured, well-rounded and creative Finance Manager to be a key part of the continuing growth of the business.
This is a new and pivotal role within the finance team that requires management of two members of the Business Analysis team and provision of support to the Financial Controller. The role acts as a business partner to key function in the business and also deputises for the Financial Controller. Duties include:
- Accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Manage and prepare the monthly and quarterley forecast
- Manage Strategic Business Review (SBR) & Annual Operating Plan (AOP) / Corporate Plan & Budget processes
- Develop an understanding of the operational and manufacturing processes and how these impact financial performance (i.e. scrap & waste, headcount reporting etc.)
- Promote open working practices between finance and other functions, ensuring that the financial performance and impacts are understood at a working level.
- Work with the project team to ensure that project related activity is accurately accounted for and there is an alignment on associated project budgets.
- Work with the purchasing team to ensure the accuracy of reporting, and understandability of the information associated with cost down activity.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure that commercial issues are understood and resolved in a timely manner (i.e. pricing issues, foreign exchange, economics agreements, tooling project profiles)
- Investment appraisal / review of new business quotations
- Continued development of the Business Analysis team ensuring a successor for the role is identified and developed accordingly.
- Prepare margin reporting/product profitability on a timely basis.
- Manage the annual stock count process
- Support the Financial Controller with management information (board reports, presentations, forecast/budget data) as and when required.
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with good post-qualified experience in a large manufacturing business
- Track record of controlling and implementing internal financial processes.
- Extremely strong IT abilities - including the ability to use finance related software and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong personality in order to be able to challenge other managers and directors of the company and group, and work effectively as part of a small finance function.
On offer is a salary of up to £55,000 with excellent benefits and career prospects. If you are interested, please do apply or get in touch ASAP!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job