My client is a well known British Brand within Retail and is looking for a Finance Manager to join the team immediately on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
About the role
This role will work closely with the Retail Director, Head of International and Operational teams facilitating the financial planning, reporting and decision making across the Retail and Franchise Channels. Focusing upon current performance, risks & opportunities and future business expansion.
Roles and responsibility
- Portfolio management - Working closely with Property & Retail Operations Director to review existing sites and proposed opportunities. Responsible for capital expenditure including assessment of proposals, investment appraisal and post investment analysis, reporting on new stores and mods performance.
- Ensure a consistent approach to financial KPIs across both businesses.Weekly and monthly reporting. Analysis of Regional, Area and Store performance to support key business decisions. Continually challenging reports produced to minimise time spent on non-value adding work.
- Responsible for store planning process; liaising closely with Area Managers, Branch Trading etc putting forward plans for sales, payroll and controllable costs.
- Responsible for the Retail P&L of both brands, from sales down to contribution with particular focus on the cost base, especially payroll. Ensuring all controllable costs are appropriately managed and highlighting any risks and opportunities to stakeholders.
- Responsible for weekly updates with the Retail Operations Director and will be the direct contact for the Area Managers
- Business Partnering with Head of International to understand trade and what risks/opps exist and the drivers behind regional variances for the brands.
- Working closely with the Franchise merchandising teams to forecast and ensure the correct stock is available in the business.
- Key liaison between the brands and Group International Finance team.
- Production and analysis of ad-hoc reports in order to analyse new initiatives and highlight commercial opportunities.
- Key involvement in building corporate plans for the Brands.
- Management and development of one Finance Analyst.
- A qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA); with some experience in retail preferable.
- A fast learner capable of establishing credibility with senior players early on.
- A resilient self-starter who is comfortable with changing deadlines and the need to re-appraise priorities. Able to manage the team workload and harnessing all available resources to deliver objectives
- A strong communicator and excellent relationship builder who is able to articulate their point clearly and concisely with both finance and non- finance functions, and is comfortable with challenging others.
- Desire to initiate and drive through change and continuous improvement within both the immediate and wider finance team.
- Pro-active - seeking out topical issues and developing relevant finance support.
- An enthusiastic team player who can achieve optimum performance through coaching and development whilst creating an energising and motivating environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and systems skills.
THE EXCITING PART
You will also be able to access sample sales and have summer working hours where you finish at 2pm on a Friday.