An exciting new Finance Manager opportunity has arisen at Pepper, an innovative, fast paced company with over 35 years’ experience in the marketing print and mailing sector.
If you are looking for a pivotal role for your next career move this could be for you. You’ll be working closely with the Director team and our lively Managers who all need a master of detail. Someone for whom getting on top of the nitty gritty is second nature. Efficient systems are your happy-zone but there is more…
Inquisitive about business, you relish the opportunity not simply to report on financial performance but to work with the rest of the team to shape it. We take it that you can prepare accounts from trial balance, produce management reports, ensure our statutory returns are with our friends at HMRC etc. But you will also surprise us with your insights on job profitability and achieving our goals.
Fully or part qualified or qualified by experience, proficient in Sage, up to date in your accounting knowledge you will have worked in a commercial privately-owned business and this may well have been in manufacturing or logistics. However, if you have the core skillset, it is your outlook, positivity and good sense that is vital. You will also be ably assisted by our Accounts Assistant.
If you are switched on, with a head for numbers, a tenacity for analysing financial information, a great
communicator and happy to work autonomously this could be the job for you!
At Pepper, the Finance Manager:
• Takes the lead in the financial management of the business and in providing and communicating analysis and insight into financial performance;
• Ensures that statutory returns, company secretary responsibilities and personnel records are up date and accurate.
Our financial systems are up to date & well managed.
• Ensure prompt and accurate invoicing and manage the invoice discounting facility;
• Undertake and assess customer credit checks and proactively and promptly manage aged debts;
• Keep all ledgers (purchase, sales) and journals (accruals, pre-payments) up to date using Sage & MIS Tharstern and undertake bank & credit card reconciliations;
• Respond to enquiries on accounts from internal customers, customers and suppliers;
• Obtain specialist accounting advice and support when needed.
We improve our financial performance based on our financial data.
• Actively monitor and communicate information regarding cash position and cashflow;
• Manage the preparation of budgets, forecasts, flash-reports, job-costing & ad hoc reports liaising with and providing insights and recommendations to the Directors and Managers to act on;
• Ensure swift communication to sales and production on decisions to put accounts on hold or stop;
• Build an understanding of all aspects of the business, analyse financial data and proactively identify routes to improving financial performance and achieving targets.
Our statutory obligations are met and our risks insured.
• Complete and submit full and accurate statutory returns at the required intervals for VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax etc. and liaise with external accountants on the submission of statutory accounts after trial balance stage;
• Undertake company secretary responsibilities for companies including dormant, holding and LLP, maintain
the fixed asset register and prepare dividend and share redemption certificates;
• Manage the company’s insurances to ensure necessary cover is always in place at a competitive rate.
Pepper Team’s working time, pay and benefits are efficiently processed.
• Payroll and pension contributions are managed accurately and on time;
• Underlying records of time, absence from work and overtime are accurate and provided on a timely
• Personnel files are maintained, inductions organised, sickness absence and employee benefit schemes
(e.g. medical insurance, attendance bonus etc.) actively managed.
Continuing Professional Development:
Our Finance Manager is up to date on accountancy and sector changes.
• You proactively manage your CPD to ensure up to date knowledge of key relevant accounting standards,
taxation and other financial schemes;
• You actively scan and take an interest in sector developments and potential efficiency / productivity
gains through technological and ICT developments.
Conditions and Benefits
Place of Work
£30-35k per annum
Full time - Standard hours are 37.5 hours per week from 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
The whole Pepper Team (35) and closely with the Director (4) and Manager (6) teams as well as with suppliers and HMRC.
The appointment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
23 days holiday in addition to bank and public holidays
- Pension (Employer Contribution)
- Absence Award Programme
- Duvet days
- Company Health Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Insurance
- Free staff parking
- Training and development opportunities
For more information and to download a Job Pack please visit our website.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23 March.
Interview date: Wednesday 28 March.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
- Finance Manager
- Financial Information
- Financial Management