We are seeking a responsible Finance Manager with a good work ethic to join our client’s expanding business in Needham Market, Suffolk.
Our client has been trading for over 10 years now, and employ around 35 staff at their Needham Market facility. Their success has been built on their friendly and knowledgeable service, as well as quality products. As a team, they are a hard-working, friendly and driven bunch who take great pride in their work and indeed representing the company!
This is a stand-alone role within the company so requires a responsible character with a good work ethic as the Finance Manager is responsible for all Financial and Accounting matters within the Company, reporting directly to the CEO.
Within this involved role the duties consist of:
- Managing company bank accounts effectively
- Bank Reconciliation
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Purchase invoice payments policy
- PO System - effectively dealing with delivery notes and purchase invoice approval
- Debtors - chasing and control
- Discussing and deciding Customer credit limits in conjunction with Sales Management
- Monthly payroll for approx. 35 staff
- VAT payments
- Managing commission payments for sales department
- Overseeing and dealing with royalties
- Collating and issuing P&L
- Contact with Management Accountants
We require an unflappable character with plenty of drive and self-discipline, along with really excellent communication skills. Experience in a similar role and confidence in conducting the majority of the above duties is essential, although some elements can be taught to those with a good background in finance. We are seeking the right experience and character rather than any formal accounting/finance qualification.
Other skills, requirements and attributes are as follows:
- Meticulous attention to detail!
- Good IT skills - particularly with Sage 50
- An open, communicative and helpful personality with a good sense of humour and a calm nature
- Ability to juggle different tasks and their individual priorities, sometimes when working to tight deadlines
If you feel this may suit you and that you fit the above criteria above then please get in touch! You can apply through our website or via Reed.co.uk
In return, our client is offering a competitive starting salary which could be flexible depending on skills and experience, as well as a fun, creative working environment with a vibrant workforce!
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Bank Reconciliations
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job