As the Finance Manager you will responsible for providing technical specialist financial management services to range of departments enabling effective decision making, effective management of revenue budgets and the achievement of operational objectives through the provision of sound financial management and administrative procedures.
Key elements of the role will be to review monthly management accounts for the group, prepare monthly board reports for the group, review & process daily collections and payment runs (twice weekly, bi-monthly & adhoc) and review and authorise monthly payroll inputs.
Responsibilities with include (but not limited to);
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior leadership and all appropriate stakeholders, securing an understanding of their requirements.
• Provide a positive sounding board and constructive challenge to managers, finding solutions where appropriate whilst giving more directive advice when necessary.
• Uphold the professional standards of the Finance function, act as ambassador for the service and support the corporate organisational priorities at all times.
• Manage the work and performance of Finance staff. Deliver to deadlines and monitor and report on performance.
• Deliver a customer-focused, Finance service ensuring delivery of high standards of customer service and professional performance in line with service level agreements, local business needs and business objectives.
• Supervise the work of finance staff ensuring high standards of performance in line with performance indicators, appropriate regulations and objectives.
• Work collaboratively with finance colleagues to develop, implement and streamline working practices in order to provide a seamless service for all customers and stakeholders.
• Manage the quarterly forecasting process
• Management of the other 3 members of the finance team
• Review VAT returns for all group companies
• Year end audit file preparation
• Provide services to senior leadership team and support decision-making
To be considered our client is looking for an experienced qualified management accounting or financial analyst with experienced of working with operational managers to identify financial implications of policy or service delivery proposals.
You’ll have experience in delivering customer-focussed services, coaching managers, preparing operating budgets, developing and operation of budgetary control systems and preparation and presentation of budgetary control statements to management.
If you meet the criteria above, please submit your CV. Only candidates with the above experience will be considered for the role.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 226 3686.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job