Finance Manager of a local Charitable Organisation.
Your new company
Your new company are a well respected and admired educational charity in the local Derry area.
Your new role
Your new role will see you as the Finance Manager in the Finance and Admin dept,managing 5 members of staff, reporting to the chief executive of the organisation.
Within this role, there are four key areas of responsibility which are finance and project management, staffing, facilities management and general management. Within these areas duties of the Finance Manager will include coordinating,controlling and monitoring all finance affairs of the organisation. Preparing monthly management accounts, annual budgets, monthly cash flow reports, year end accounts and vat returns are key duties who you will responsible in the preparation of. Alongside the finance aspects of the role, you will be responsible for overall management of the administrative and facility department within the organisation, ensuring that all core operations are running smoothly, and providing direction for the team, by deploying tasks and duties throughout your time in the organisation.
This role will also see you attending board meetings and corresponding with funding bodies, and attending meetings on funding as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully qualified accountant, with experience in the preparation and monitoring of both cash flow and forecasts.
Essential criteria includes;
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of working with SAGE Accounting packages
- Experience in preparing and analysing monthly and year end accounts
- Experience preparing and managing budgets for multiple projects including the submission of claims and funding drawdown
- Experience preparing and monitoring cashflow/forecasts
- Experience working with statutory requirements including VAT, Payroll, Pension, Departmental Returns and Year End audit
- Experience working with other non finance personnel & budget holders to agree, monitor and control capital and revenue expenditure
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel.
- Attention to detail with excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Experience of reporting to Board of Directors
Desirable criteria includes;
- Experience in preparation of Charity Accounts under SORP
What you'll get in return
In this role you will benefit from flexible working hours, as well as fantastic holiday entitlement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.